- 2 cups of Glynis’ Waffle Mix
- 1-1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Of Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Cup Of Milk
- 1/4 Cup Of Vegetable Oil
- BOIL about 2 quarts of water in a saucepan; turn heat off. Place 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes in hot water for 5 minutes.
- TRANSFER sweet potatoes to a bowl of cold water. Let them sit in cold water for about a minute, remove, and dab off excess water with a paper towel. Peel should remove easily.
- GRATE sweet potatoes with a box grater to make 2 cups and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss.
- BEAT two eggs, brown sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and milk in separate bowl. Pour over sweet potatoes and toss. Sprinkle Glynis’ Waffle Mix over Sweet Potato mixture and toss around in bowl until evenly distributed. Pour 2 tbsp oil into frying pan at medium heat until hot.
- FORM 3-inch round, 1/2 inch thick patties from Sweet Potato mixture. Fry until brown, 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Applesauce and Sweet Cream Topping.
- 3 Macintosh Apples (Chopped)
- 3 Granny Smith Apples (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Allspice
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider or (Unsweetened apple juice)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
COMBINE all ingredients into a saucepan. Simmer on low heat until apples are soft but still chunky (about 10 to 15 minutes). Remove from heat to cool. Place one spoonful on top of Latke and spread it.
Sweet Cheese Topping:
- 8oz pack of cream cheese softened.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
MIX softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy. Place a small scoop of Sweet Cheese on top of Latke after spreading on Applesauce.